Friday, February 14, 2014

The Stupidity of Hops 9/10

 I'm definitely a huge fan of Lagunitas and out of their whole batch (that I've tried so far) Hop Stoopid is my favorite.
 
The aroma is full of pine and grapefruit along with a splash of pineapple juice. A sweet, grainy malt shows up in the flavor but is overwhelmed by a citric bitterness. The finish is a prolong, refreshing piney bitterness. I've never had the pleasure of trying this brew on tap, but the flavor follows suit perfectly. There is a massive, almost numbing resinous hoppiness, but it has just enough toffee and buttery malts to make it very, very drinkable
 
In my opinion this is a smooth double IPA. My overall rating is 9/10 and as always suggestions and feedback is always welcome. For more reviews on this damn good brew check out BeerAdvocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment